Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Family Mission Statements

Have you ever considered a Purpose for your family? Where do you want to go? What type of people do you want your children to be? In creating a Family Mission Statement you can develop a road map for success. A blueprint to follow in building the family you desire. Consider it language that is a verbal foundation that clearly and succinctly describes your ultimate family. When I was a young mother- and by that I mean, in my early years of mothering- my mission statement was short, a bit crass and at the same time I knew exactly what I wanted. "I refuse to raise brats!" Period. It was clear, it was succint but was it evolved? As I began to go through my journey as a mother and gave birth to three beautiful gifts, my ideas changed. In this phase I got a bit more sophisticated and came up with, " I want to raise children that are happy, well-adjusted and productive adults." Ok, this is better. Somehow though, it was lacking some power and sparkle behind it. As my own growth continued and I learned more about myself as a mother I have re-worked my Family Mission Statement. Here is how it reads today, "I intend to impact my children to the extent that they are thrilled with their lives, they are Enlightened beings and prepared to leave their legacy in this world as powerful, loving and compassionate souls!" Now THAT excites me! What excites you? Get your family on board. Toss around some ideas at the dinner table as to what makes your heart sing. Brainstorm not only who you want to be, but how you will feel when get there! Remember parents...YOU ROCK! P.S. So far I've found Success! NO BRATS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment